A new live stream takes place on Friday, July 9, 2021 to address Genshin Impact, and more specifically patch 1.7, i.e. version 2.0. This is particularly the opportunity to discuss the changes and new features planned for the occasion. If we do not yet know what to expect, the announcement of a new character is predictable, but we can also hope to discover Inazuma. The live is held from 14:00 p.m. (French time) on Twitch.
Genshin Impact Live Stream Summary
- The live is about to start, grab the popcorn and get ready to discover this new major patch.
- The next Genshin Impact update is indeed version 2.0 with the introduction of Inazuma.
- The presentation trailer reveals the city of Eternity, cradle of the Electro element. New enemies await us, as well as new allies.
- Kamisato Ayaka is featured, so this is definitely the next banner character. She is proficient in Cryo and one-handed sword.
- Yoimiya is also revealed, a Pyro archer, as well as Sayu using the claymore.
- The combat designer takes the floor to explain how development works within MiHoYo.
- Inazuma takes much longer to develop than Golden Apple Archipelago or Dosdragon Mountains since the region is also much larger. Element-based environmental challenges should be reduced or absent, with just mechanics to solve.
- The 6 islands of Inazuma should tell different stories with their particularities.
- The Raiden Shogun is revealed, along with many other characters who will make an appearance in Inazuma's story, but also possibly in Vows.
- Many events are planned, including one to unlock Beidou for free.
- Seeds are now available to create a garden in your Serenitheater and grow your own plants.
- The first banner of patch 2.0 is dedicated to Kamisato Ayaka. Yoimiya and Sayu will be available in the next one. New weapons are also appearing.
What can we expect from patch 1.7
The next Genshin Impact patch is version 2.0 of the game, but is similar to patch 1.7. We should discover Inazuma and its narrative arc, but also the first characters of the adventure. Thus Kamisato Ayaka, a highly anticipated character, should be the headliner of the first banner.